1. Every minute counts.
2. Every mother"s child is handsome.
3. Every potter praises his pot.
4. Everything is good when new, but friends when old.
5. Example is better then percept.
6. Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
7. Experience must be bought.
8. Fact speak louder than words.
9. Failure is the mother of success.
10. False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
11. Far from eye, far from heart.
12. Far water does not put out near fire.
13. Faults are thick where love is thin.
14. Fear always springs from ignorance.
15. Fields have eyes, and woods have ears.
16. Fire and water have no mercy.
17. Fire is a good servant but a bad master.
18. First come, first served.
19. First impressions are half the battle.
20. First think and then speak.
21. Fools grow without watering.
22. Fool"s haste is no speed.
23. Fools has fortune.
24. Fools learn nothing from wise men, but wise men learn
much from fools.
25. Forbidden fruit is sweet.
26. Fortune favors those who use their judgement.
27. Fortune knocks once at least at every man"s gate.
28. Four eyes see more than two.
29. Friends agree best at distance.
30. Friends must part.
31. Genius is nothing but labor and diligence.
32. Give a dog a bad name and hang him.
33. God helps those who help themselves.
34. Gold will not buy anything.
34. Good for good is natural, good for evil is manly.
35. Good health is over wealth.
36. Good medicine for health tastes bitter to the mouth.
37. Good watch prevents misfortune.
38. Great barkers are no biters.
39. Great hopes make great man.
40. Great minds think alike.
41. Great men have great faults.
42. Great men"s sons seldom do well.
43. Great trees are good for nothing but shade.
44. Great wits have short memories.
45. Greedy folks have long arms.
46. Guilty consciences make men cowards.
47. Habit cures habit.
48. Handsome is he who does handsomely.
49. Happiness takes no account of time.
50. Happy is he who owes nothing.
56. Happy is the man who learns from the misfortunes of others.
57. Harm set, harm get.
58. Hasty love, soon cold.
1 Be honest rather clever.
2 Being on sea, sail; being on land, settle.
3 Be just to all, but trust not all.
4 Believe not all that you see nor half what you hear.
5 Be slow to promise and quick to perform.
6 Be swift to hear, slow to speak.
7 Better an empty purse than an empty head.
8 Better an open enemy than a false friend.
9 Better good neighbours near than relations far away.
10 Between the cup and the lip a morsel may slip.
11 Between two stools one falls to the ground.
12 Beware beginnings.
13 Big mouthfuls ofter choke.
14 Bind the sack before it be full.
15 Birds of a feather flock together.
16 Birth is much, but breeding is more.
17 Bite off more than one can chew.
18 Bite the hand that feeds one.
19 Bitter pills may have wholesome effects.
20 Blind men can judge no colours.
21 Blood is thicker than water.
22 Bread is the staff of life.
23 Brevity is the soul of wit.
24 Bring up a raven and he"ll pick out your eyes.
25 Burn not your house to rid it of the mouse.
26 Burnt child dreads the fire.
27 Business before pleasure.
28 Business is business.
29 By doing we learn.
30 By falling we learn to go safely.
31 By other"s faults, wise men correct their own.
32 By reading we enrich the mind; by conversation we polish it.
1、Look before you leap. First think, then act.三思而后行。
2、All roads lead to Rome. 条条大路通罗马。
3、Art is long, but life is short. 人生有限，学问无涯。
4、No pains, no gains.不劳则无获。
5、Nothing is difficult to the man who will try. 世上无难事，只要肯登攀。
6、Where there is life, there is hope. 生命不息，希望常在。
7、An idle youth, a needy age. 少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。